Every tenth person in the universe is a coffee person. He or she cannot survive without tasting the coffee as soon as he wakes up in the morning. According to them, any mood, right from happiness to depression is completed by coffee only. As everyone thinks, coffee is not always harmful. But it is addictive. It is like a drug for those who drink it every day. There are many types of coffees. The aroma, taste and the intensity of the coffee varies with each other. People who drink coffee fall for the taste that is gives, that comes from the coffee bean. Such people get addicted to coffee and if they stop drinking it abruptly, they find it hard to resist it for long. Caffeine does not basically threaten the physical or social life of a person, but stopping it abruptly will cause headache, fatigue, anxiety, irritability, depression and loss of concentration.
So, why everyone says that there are many benefits of drinking coffee too, apart from the so called consequences and side-effects that people talk about?
1. We have heard many of them telling that drinking too much coffee harms a person’s immunity power and causes cancer. But research studies like Health Professionals Follow-up Study and Nurses’ Health Study have proven it wrong. These studies stated there is no relationship between cancer and caffeine consumption.
2. It also causes dehydrating effect that causes the consumer to urinate as this is drunk. However, Harvard Research study published in ‘Diabetologia’ in July 2014 has confirmed that regular consumption of coffee is useful for those who have Diabetes type-2. Though, a bottom line is that caffeine does act as a mild diuretic but the urine output increased as it is increased after consuming water, as mentioned in one of the articles published in 2003 in ‘Journal of Human Nutrition and Diet’.
3. Coffee also causes alertness and improves concentration. While generating energy, it also relaxes tension and improves the feeling of sociability as well.
4. Caffeine drinking is the main and major step taken for those who suffer from headache most often. We have heard people talk about drinking coffee when they have headache. It is 100% true that, this cures headache. And also, for asthma affected people, caffeine is a medicine sometime. Researchers are still on process and it is yet to be proven.
5. A clinical trial in Illinois has found that caffeine eventually reduces the swelling of blood vessels and it is not only the treatment for headaches but also the main source of preventing the intensity and the frequency of headache.
While there are serious effects of drinking too much coffee, there are some ignored uses of coffee too.
6. It can make the drinker less tired and more energetic. That’s why people prefer drinking coffee when they are tired at work. The mixed taste of the sweetness and bitterness stimulates a kind of addiction to the person who drinks it.
7. Not only hot coffee, but also cold coffee gives an amount of energy and pleasure to the drinker. There are varieties of coffees like black coffee, white coffee that give their own usefulness. The intensity of coffee bean and the place from where it is extracted also gives a sense of taste difference.
8. So, how many of you know that coffee is a great fat burner? The good reason to prove this is that caffeine is one of the very natural substances that have actually been proven to aid the fat burning process. Study published in “Food Science and Biotechnology” in August 2010, show that this can boost the metabolic rush by 3 to 11 percentage and the burning of fat can decrease obesity.
9. Body builders also prefer drinking coffee during their workout, since this boosts their physical performance, as mentioned in study published in PubMed in 1995. A single coffee contains the effect of drugs such as Riboflavin which has vitamin B2 that is 11% of the RDA, pantothenic acid which has vitamin B5 that is 6% of the RDA, Manganese and Potassium which is also a 3% of the RDA, Magnesium and Niacin that has 2% of the RDA.
10. Also, this lowers the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s, the well known nerve issues that cause short term memory loss in old age. The second mostly known neurodegenerative disease, Parkinson’s is also lowered with the help of caffeine drinking.
Hence, you do not have to worry about drinking too much coffee or gaining weight always. You can happily taste and drink coffee when your taste buds asks for it. But do keep in track of how many cups you drink every day as too much of everything is harmful. So, in case you have doubts about your coffee drinking habit, you can just check with your doctor instead of being unsure and drinking it unhappily, as coffee is to swing your mood!